Consumer Privacy and Cookie Notice
Foam Solutions is a social responsible distributor of Quality Pillows, Beds, Mattresses and Polyurethane Foam.
At Foam Solutions, we respect our consumers (“visitor”, “you”, “your”) and recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and security of your information. This Consumer Privacy and Cookie Notice (“Notice”) provides an overview of the practices of Foam Solutions and its affiliates, subsidiaries and associates (“Foam Solutions”, “we,” “our”, “us”) with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data about consumers. Personal data is any information that can identify you as an individual, such as your name and contact information.
- Our collection and use of information in connection with purchases made at our retail locations; or
- Third party companies (including, without limitation, their websites, platforms, or applications) which we do not own or control. These sites may have their own privacy notices and terms and conditions that you should consult.
Should you consent to the terms of this Notice, Foam Solutions will collect and use any and all information stated in this Notice, for the purposes and reasons stated herein.
Should you consent to the terms of this Notice, Foam Solutions will seek to obtain the collection and use of your personal data where required by applicable law. Foam Solutions respects your decisions about the collection and use of your personal data. You have the ability to revoke your consent at any time subject to applicable legal obligations, and you may do so by clicking an “unsubscribe” link included in a communication or by contacting Foam Solutions using the contact information provided in this Notice.
Foam Solutions will collect information directly from you when you visit our website or use our other online services. We may also collect information from other commercially available sources, where we are permitted to do so by applicable law. Examples of the types of information we may collect from you includes:
- Your name
- Your identity numbers
- Contact information such as your email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number
- IP address
If you choose not to provide Foam Solutions with your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services that you have requested or inform you about our products and offers from Foam Solutions.
For more information, see Section “Information Collection” below.
We use the information that you share with us to provide you with the products or services that you have requested, to manage and improve our websites and the services we offer you, and to provide you with information about other Foam Solutions products or offers and those offers from our carefully selected business partners.
For more information, see Section “Using your Information”
Sharing your information
Foam Solutions respects your privacy and, accordingly, only shares your personal data in a limited number of circumstances. We may share your information with our trusted third parties who provide services on our behalf (such as order fulfilment, or to send you information about products or services that may be of interest to you). We may also share your information with our carefully selected business partners where we have your consent to do so, and when we are required to do so, with government authorities to fulfil a legal obligation.
For more information, see Section “How your information may be shared”
Protecting your information
Foam Solutions has implemented administrative, physical, and technical measures to protect your information from loss or unauthorized use or alteration. We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes stated when collecting your information or as stated in this Notice, unless a longer retention period is permitted or required by applicable law.
For more information, see Section “Protecting your information” below
Your rights and how you can contact us
As permitted by applicable law, you have a right of access, rectification and deletion of information collected about you, and the right to oppose, the processing of this information. You can also choose how Foam Solutions communicates with you.
For more information, see Section “your rights and how you can contact us” below
Cookies and other technologies
For more information, see Section “Cookies and other technologies” below
In accordance with applicable law, Foam Solutions will collect information about you in different ways, such as:
- When you purchase a product or register for a competition, promotion, or newsletter; or
- When you visit and use or Sites; or
- Through third parties such as our business partners or commercial available sources.
We will only collect the information needed to fulfil the purposes described to you when requesting this information. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services that you have requested or inform you about our products and offers from Foam Solutions.
As permitted by applicable law, the information that Foam Solutions collects about you may be combined to help improve your user experience and to enhance our products and services that you may be interested in.
Information you provide
Foam Solutions will collect information from you when you visit the Site. For example, you may provide such information when you buy a product, subscribe to various services such as email communications, post reviews or other user-generated content, compile a “My Favourites” list or other product list, participate in contests, respond to a survey, or communicate with customer service. Below are examples of the information we may collect directly from you:
- Contact information such as your email address, postal address, and telephone or mobile number
- Date of birth or identity number
- Recording when you call our customer services team
- Website account log-in details
- Credit card or other payment information for purchases you make on the Site
When collecting personal data directly from you, those fields that are mandatory or optional will be clearly indicated. If you do not wish to provide the information requested within mandatory fields, we will be unable to process your request or order.
Information collected when you visit Foam Solutions websites or use our other online services
Further information about cookies and how you can control these, can be found under Section “Cookies and other technologies”.
Information collected from other sources
As permitted by applicable law, Foam Solutions may collect information about you from other sources, such as our business partners and through commercially available sources. Examples of the information we may collect from other sources include your name, contact information such as your email address or postal address, your date of birth, identity number, consumer and market research data including purchase behaviour, and any publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet posting, and other user-generated content.
Using your information
Foam Solutions uses the information it collects about you and your use of our Site for a variety of reasons related to our business operations and as set forth in this Notice, and we may combine information about you that we collect online, in our stores, via mobile applications and from third party sources. Below are some examples of how your information may be used.
Business communications: To communicate with you for business reasons with your consent or as permitted by applicable law:
- Responding to your requests (including, for example, to process an order including your payment for any products you have purchased directly from us; to enter a sweepstake; post a testimonial, photograph, comment, question, or other social sharing on our websites; receive product information or catalogues through the post; or to enrol in our email program);
- Inviting you to participate in market research;
- Providing any necessary notices to our visitors and notifying them about Site updates;
- Sending email offers, announcements, or newsletters to your email address (these emails may come from any of us at Foam Solutions, including any Foam Solutions affiliate);
- Sending you offers, announcements, or newsletters through the mail to the address you have chosen to provide;
- Contacting you (either by a traditional voice call or through a SMS or text message) on a residential or mobile telephone number you have given us, to provide you with information about our products, special offers, or promotions;
- Contacting you using a telephone number you have provided, to complete a transaction you have initiated with us;
- Enabling users to register an account on the Site and to log in using their credentials from a Social Media Platform;
- Providing apps or interactive features of the Site, such as product reviews or marketing communications and other information regarding our products, services and promotions;
- Administering promotions, surveys and focus groups; and
- Providing location-based services, including search results and other personalized content, through the use of location information obtained from your mobile device.
- Provide you with advertising messages that are specifically tailored to your interests
Resource monitoring: To monitor usage of Foam Solutions facilities and resources, and secure Foam Solutions premises, assets and information:
- Understand how you use the Site for internal research purposes and to enhance our product messaging to you;
- Improving the content, appearance and utility of the Site; and
- Monitoring against theft and fraud.
Legal and regulatory compliance: Compliance, internal control evaluations and audits (conducted by Foam Solutions and external audit service providers), and, to the extent permitted in this Notice and by the applicable law, providing assistance to law enforcement.
How your information may be shared
Foam Solutions respects your privacy and, accordingly, shares personal data in a limited number of circumstances.
Within Foam Solutions
We may share your personal data within Foam Solutions for marketing and other administrative purposes, in accordance with applicable law. If you do not want to receive marketing information from Foam Solutions, you can use the unsubscribe link in each email communication we send you or contact us on the information provided below.
With our third-party service providers
As a global organization, Foam Solutions relies on third party service providers to perform various business operations on our behalf. When sharing your personal data with our third-party service providers, we will only share the information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose. For example, we may use service providers for the following purposes:
- Fulfil your product requests including managing payment processing and shipping
- Manage promotions or competitions
- Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications
- Analyse our data, sometimes along with data from other sources, to send you communications
- Conduct market research and analyse data to improve our products, services and sites
In the event that Foam Solutions or any of its affiliates are all or part acquired by a third party, your information may be included in the transferred assets. Subject to the exceptions described below, Foam Solutions does not sell, rent, or make available to any third party whatsoever the personal data collected on the Site.
With our carefully selected business partners
Foam Solutions often works with carefully selected business partners to offer joint promotions or products that may be of interest to you. Where permitted by applicable law, we will combine information about you with our business partners so that we can send promotional communications to you. For these programs, we will make it clear when collecting your personal data that your information will be shared with our carefully selected business partners and ask for your consent to do so, as required by applicable law.
If you would prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can opt out by following the instructions provided in any such communication or through this Policy.
Other situations where your information may be shared
We may disclose your personal data if we believe that doing so is necessary to protect and defend the rights and property of Foam Solutions including enforcing our Terms and Conditions, or where we are required to do so by law and / or government authorities.
We may share aggregated or anonymous information that does not identify you for Foam Solutions business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites. We may also share aggregated or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes, in accordance with applicable law.
User generated content
Some Foam Solutions sites allow users to submit their own content for contents, or to participate in blogs etc. Any information you submit or post as user-generated content to Foam Solutions websites will become publicly available information. We recommend that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any information in such submissions or posts. Foam Solutions cannot prevent others from using this information in a manner that may violate this Notice, the law, or your personal privacy and safety. Foam Solutions is not responsible for the results of such postings.
As a global organization, your information may be transferred within the Foam Solutions organization located in a country that is different in which you live, or to our trusted third parties based in other countries so that they can process your information on our behalf. This may include the transfer of your information to the United States. By using this website or providing information to Foam Solutions, you consent to us transferring this information in accordance with the terms of this Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
Foam Solutions will comply with applicable data protection laws when transferring your information to another country and has implemented procedures to protect your information in accordance with this Notice and applicable law, regardless of where your information is transferred.
Protecting your information
Foam Solutions has implemented administrative, physical, and technical measures to protect your information from loss or unauthorized use or alteration. Your information is stored in a secure environment and access to your information is restricted to prevent against unauthorized access, modification or misuse and permitted to only those employees or third parties working on our behalf, on a need to know basis.
Foam Solutions will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer period of retention is required or permitted by law.
Your rights and how you can contact us
Foam Solutions respects your right to choose how we may contact you. If you would like to stop receiving information from Foam Solutions, you can follow the opt-out instructions provided in any communication message you receive. Foam Solutions will honor your request to stop receiving promotional messages from us, in accordance with your opt-out instructions. However, we may continue to send you service-related communications such as emails confirming purchases through our website. We may also retain your information for record keeping purposes, for example, to make sure that we fulfill your request not to send any particular type of messages.
Cookies and other technologies
Cookies we issue
When you consent to this Notice and visit our Site, we will, subject to your choices made via your browser settings, installing cookies on your devices that will allow us to recognize the browser on your device for the duration of the cookie session. Cookies we issue are used for the following purposes, during your visit to our site:
- Compile statistics such as volume of traffic and use of the various components of our Sites (including the sections, content, and pages visited), to enhance the usability of our services
- Adapt the layout of our website and display preferences (such as language, resolution, operating system) of your device when you visit our Site, depending on the hardware and software of your device.
- Store information you provided through our websites’ forms (such as account registration) or to products, services or information you selected on our website (such as the contents of your shopping cart)
- Allow you access to restricted or private areas on our site such as your account, through identifiers or data that you have previously provided
- To implement security measures, such as when you are asked to log in again to a content or service after logged out after a certain period of time.
Cookies issued by third parties
Cookies issued by third parties may allow them, during the cookie session for the following purposes:
- To count the number of times advertising content is displayed and delivered via our advertising space
- To identify the advertisements displayed and the number of users who clicked on each advertisement to calculate statistics
- To recognize your device upon subsequent browsing of any other site or service on which these advertisers or third parties also emit these cookies and where appropriate, adapt these third-party sites and services or advertisements they display.
Interest-based advertising uses information about you to provide relevant, targeted advertising likely to be of interest to you. Click here for additional information on interest-based advertising. These advertising messages will display on a Foam Solutions site, or elsewhere on the Internet. You can limit your receipt of interest-based ads on websites or in mobile applications by:
- Deleting and declining cookies on your browser(s)
- Opting out from receiving interest-based advertising on websites from companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed) or the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/).
Some mobile device operating systems will allow you to limit the use of information to deliver interest-based advertising in mobile applications. You can check the settings on your device for such options that are available through your device’s operating system. Please note: if you choose to opt-out of Foam Solutions’ interest-based advertising, you may continue to see or receive online advertising from us, but such ads may not be as relevant to you.
How you can control cookies
Saving a cookie on a device is dependent upon the choice of the user and the device browser they use to exercise their choice. If you allow cookies on your device, these may be saved on your device, integrated into the pages you view, and can be stored temporarily in a dedicated area on your device. These cookies will only be readable by the issuer.
If you reject cookies on your device, or if you delete previously stored cookies, you may not be able to benefit from a number of features that require cookies to navigate some areas of our site, such as the default language you have requested or the country from which your device is connected to the Internet. We are not liable or responsible for the consequences related to impaired operation of our services due to the impossibility for us to record or read the cookies needed to operate which you have rejected or deleted.
You can set your browser so that cookies are stored on your device or rejected either systematically or by the issuer. You can also set your browser so that you will need to accept or reject cookies, before the cookie is likely to be stored in your device.
Each browser is different, and your ability to manage cookies is often described within the browser’s Help menu. To help you, we have provided some additional guidance below. Please note that this will not prevent advertisements from displaying on your device. It will only block technologies that tailor advertisements to your navigation and your interests.
|Web-browser||How to exercise your choice|
|Internet Explorer TM||· Select the “Tools” menu (or “Tools”), then “Internet Options” (or “Internet Options”). · Click on the “Privacy” tab (or “Confidentiality”) · Select the desired level using the cursor or click on the “Advanced” button to customize your cookie management.|
|Firefox TM||· Select the “Tools”> “Preferences”, then “Options” menu · Click on the “Privacy” · In “Keep Until”, select “Use custom settings for history”. · Set the mode cookie management as appropriate you|
|Safari TM||· In the top menu, select the “Edit” menu · From the dropdown menu, select “Preferences …” · Select the “Security” icon · Make sure that in the “Accept Cookies” option “Always or Only from sites you navigate to” is checked to allow cookies|
|Chrome TM||· Select the “Options” menu> “Advanced Options” · Click on “Content settings” in the “Privacy” · Section “Cookies”|
|Opera TM||· Choose the “File”> “Preferences” menu · Privacy|
Our sites also use Google Analytics to better understand how you interact with our site. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit:
We also suggest that you visit the following sites for further guidance about how you can manage your browser settings:
If several people use your device, or your device has multiple browsers, we cannot ensure that the services and advertisements for your device correspond to your use of this device and not to that of another user of this device. When sharing your device with other people it is your responsibility to configure your choices via your browser settings regarding cookies.
With your consent or as permitted by applicable law, these plugins may send information to the party that provided the plug in, even if you do not click on the plugin. The types of information that may be transmitted include your IP address, information about your browser and device, and the address of the web page you are visiting on our site.
Changes to this Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice, by posting an updated version on our websites. We will give you reasonable notice of any material change but recommend that you regularly visit this page to stay information about how we may use the information collected about you.
Last Updated: 09.2019